It all began with a discussion, which then turned into a manifesto, before becoming a website. After one year, Struggles in Italy is a small, transnational community of workers, students and researchers living in different parts of the world. Our limitations have been many, and so have the struggles we would have liked to discuss in more depth but we couldn’t. However, we’ve also achieved an important result: we started to build something useful, a small window from which those outside of Italy could look into this strange and often misunderstood place. But we didn’t open that window in order to show a cleaned-up image of Italy, free of old and funny prejudices. What we wanted to show is a reality made of people struggling to free themselves from their economic and cultural chains, and to get rid of all the poisons that have been poured into this land, both literally and metaphorically. We hope we’ve offered some glimpses into this reality over the past year.
But we want to do more and we want to do it better. That’s why you should join us.
Struggles in Italy
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
- [en] [video] Three days of protests against Big Boats in Venice
- [en] Confederated unions and industrialists sign anti-strike agreement
- [Translation] Franca Rame’s rape: Fascists, carabinieri and ‘a higher wish’, by Girolamo De Michele
- [en] Stefano Cucchi, killed by police and drug prohibitionism
- [en] Steel workers attacked by police in Terni
- Aug. 2, 2012 - Italian steel workers protest against possible Ilva plant closure - Euronews
- 16years sentence for eternit owners (from euronews)
- CasaPound and Blocco Studentesco fights- Piazza Navona, Rome 29.10.08
- Indistruttibile: Documentary on Eternit - Trailer (by M. Citoni)
- Omsa plant in Faenza is outsourced - 31.12.2011
Tag#15O #15ott #occupyrome Bologna CGIL Chiomonte CISL COBAS crisis demonstration elections FIOM G8 Genova Ikea il manifesto ilva liberazione migrants Milan Naples notav occupation occupy perino Piacenza police pollution protests Repression Rome Sardinia school strike students Susa Valley Taranto trial Turin UIL unemployment violence work workers Wu Ming
- Neo-Nazi gathering in #Milan counts 500 participants. tinyurl.com/lfm9bvj #infoitaly #Antifa 1 day ago
- RT @ansa_english: Seven migrants drown, over 1,000 flock to Italian shores: Lampedusa holding centre packed to point of collapse http://t.c… 1 day ago
- Our pinterest Board on #Immigration in #Italy: pinterest.com/strugglesitaly… #infoitaly 1 day ago
- Seven migrants drown during crossing to Italy tinyurl.com/n36xq6x // Immigration policies in #Italy: strugglesinitaly.wordpress.com/equality/en-im… #infoitaly 1 day ago
- [en] The Politics of Generations in Present-Day #Italy: strugglesinitaly.wordpress.com/2012/08/30/en-… #infoitaly #strugglesita 1 day ago
struggles in italy