Updates in real time
– 19.28 San Camillo hospital sources tell that police is following ambulances and arrives with injured people and ask indentification before the can get any cure. Doctors are refusing and talk about an interruption of medical care by the police
– 19:11 Fighting continues now on Via Merulana
– 19:02 Most of the protestors are now between Piramide and Circo Massimo, while the demonstration has now no direction.
– 18:42 The protestors in Basilica di San Giovanni (the church) are very young teenage students, who cannot exit peacefully due to the block of the police
– 18:31 San Giovanni square: a police tank is burning.
– 18.25 The priesters in Basilica di San Giovanni decide to open the doors of the church to take in peaceful protestors to protect them from tear gas and incidents
– 18.21 In front of Circo Massimo, at the end of the demonstration, despite the police tanks the situation seems to be peaceful
– 18.05 Police is throwing glass bottles, stones and tear gas directly to the protesters in via Castrense
– 18.00 Police tanks leading towards Circo Massimo where the demonstration is now changing its course
– 17.39 Police tanks running against the protesters in Piazza San Giovanni
– 17.38 To clear out San Giovanni square police used water cannons and tear gas. In the wide square peaceful people taking pictures are attacked with tear gas.
– 17.15 At the end of the path of the demonstration, in Piazza San Giovanni square the situation is rising tense, in Via Emanuele Filiberto Police is preparing to attack
– 16.45 Via Merulana, police brakes in two pieces the march. Protesters invite not to react
– 16.30 Tear gas from police in Piazza San Giovanni, where the march has arrived
– 16.20 Via Labicana, next to the Colosseum. Clashes between protesters and police http://twitpic.com/70omh7
– 16.15 A Ministry of Defence building burning
– 16.10 Masked bloc surrounded by other protesters shouthing them ‘drolls’ and ‘get out’
– 16.05 Calm has been restored in Romenext to the Colosseum and Fori Imperiali
– 16.00 The head of the march has get to destination (Piazza San Giovanni),but some people are still starting from Piazza della Repubblica
– 15.50 Tension grows next to the Colosseum. Base unions call for calm
– 15.40 Fiat workers have joined the protest too
– 15.40 From one speaker: to the man who says he is the best president in 150 years of Italian state history we answer with the best demonstration in 150 years.
– 15.30 Two cars in fire in Rome, but the march goes on peacefully. Italian public tv on contrary tryies to metaphorically light the fire
– 15.30 Italian public tv is
– 15.20 Rainews tv speaks about 200-300 thousands people in Rome
– 15.15 Thousands of demonstrators next to the Colosseum, and lots of cops too
– 15.00 Black smoke can be seen in Rome next to via Cavour http://twitpic.com/70n6i3
– 14.30 From Termini railway station, another march is starting calling to occupy Bank of Italy
– 14.30 Let’s change Europe, let’s change Italy! http://twitpic.com/70mtgq
– 14.20 Yes we camp twitpic.com/70mofe
– 14.15 Slogans against ECB and neoliberalism and for the right to be free from the debt
– 14.05 The match’s tribute to Steve Jobs tells “Eat the Rich” http://t.co/LbsIMq1j
– 14.00 Cavour Road alpebdy full and tie end of the cortege still has to move.
– 14.00 No Tav, straight from the Susa Valley to Rome http://t.co/kR122Xx5
– 13.55 About 2500 cops around the main streets of the demonstration
– 13.50 In solidarity with syrian protesters http://pic.twitter.com/8HS2xhD6
– 13.45 “People of europe: rise up!” opens the march http://yfrog.com/nueostfj
– 13.45 A giant red flag opens the demonstration http://twitpic.com/70m78u
– 13.45 The match started ahead of time from Piazza Esedra. Too many people.
– 13.40 Republic square can’t còntain all the people. The front is already half km ahead and students haven’t arrived yet.
– 13.30 The auto-organized immigrants chant “We chased Mubarak and Alì, now Revolution here”
– 13.30 Stop playing on our skin! Auto-organized immigrantshttp://twitpic.com/70lz0o
– 13.15 Lot of students in front of Sapienza University are bringing tents with them
– 13.00 Valle Occupato, the theatre occupied since months in protest against financial cuts to culture, has joined students
– 13.00 Thousands of students are coming to Piazzale Aldo Moro, outside Sapienza University
Help and communications
– Communication for tweepers: for tweets about and from the demonstration in Italy, we’ll use mostly #15ott as hashtag to distinguish italian tweets from worldwide #15o and #15oct and follow italian updates more easily.
Twitting in different languages, we’ll use #15o with the hashtag #strugglesita referring to our particular project.
– A huge number of people is expected in Rome from every region of the country. Here you can see the map with the buses organized to reach Rome:
–Here is a map of the demonstration, with wi-fi available spots.
–If you need legal assistance on your right to demonstrate and violetion of your rights, contact 06 491563.
– Please notice that Subway stations Barberini, Spagna, Colosseo and Cavour, will close from noon till the end of services because of the demonstration.